Barnardos - Mental Health Support (2020-2023)
Current Mental Health Support from HCRG Care, from April 2023, can be found here.
This page describes a previous offer.
From 2020-2023 Barnardo’s was commissioned by Wiltshire Council to improve outcomes for children and young people with emotional wellbeing and/or emerging low level mental health needs.
The service provided a range of interventions, information, advice, support and positive activities for children and young people aged 5-18 who may be experiencing
- low mood
- panic, stress, worry and low level anxiety
- have problems sleeping
- have anger difficulties
- have low self-esteem
- relationship difficulties with family or friends
- relationship problems at school or in the community (including bullying)
- Feeling overwhelmed by pressure eg in relation to school work.
On Your Mind website – www.onyourmind.org.uk
Information for young people and for parents / carers including links to resources and organisations that can support with emotional wellbeing.
Decider skills groups
A programme based on cognitive-behavioural therapy to build skills and strategies for children and young people and their families. Groups will be delivered for primary aged and secondary aged children and young people to build resilience and wellbeing.
Activities co designed with young people and delivered in partnership with other Wiltshire services to promote the 5 steps to wellbeing.
Counselling / therapy
- For children and young people aged 5-18 who are not currently accessing CAMHs or another similar wellbeing intervention.
- An average of 6 sessions
- Provided online, by phone or face to face.