Schools can become a bronze level Wiltshire Healthy School by completing a self-assessment audit. Once completed, bronze level status is valid for three years (if begun from May 2015). Healthy Schools status, for schools who began the process before May 2015, is valid for two years.
The Wiltshire Healthy Schools audit enables schools to provide evidence showing that they are meeting criteria under the headings of:
- The Whole School Approach
- PSHE education
- Healthy Weight (incorporating Healthy Eating and Physical Activity)
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
As a school completes the online audit, areas for development can be identified and a simple action plan produced.
At bronze level schools receive:
- A one day training course
- A half day of audit training (for new coordinators)
- Access to the online audit, for up to 3 years
- Telephone and email support
Schools able to provide evidence that they are meeting the bronze standards receive:
- Accreditation from the WHS Quality Assurance Group
- Invitation to a celebration event
- Permission to use the Wiltshire Healthy Schools logo while accredited
- Dated 'Wiltshire Healthy Schools bronze level' wall plaque
Cost for 3 years accreditation (2016):
£150 for all schools.
Once a school becomes a bronze level Healthy School they can choose to reaccredit at bronze to maintain this level, or move onto the more challenging silver level.