Grant Application and Planting Support (GAPS) team
The Wiltshire Council GAPS team has been set up with funding from the Forestry Commission's Woodland Creation Accelerator Fund to provide support to deliver substantially more tree planting across the county in support of our aims.
We will help define the scope and aims of your planting project; identify suitable sites for tree and woodland planting using the 'Right Tree, Right Place' principles; and help you to choose the right funding routes that are most suitable for you and your projects.
We aim to:
- Encourage and facilitate tree planting across Wiltshire
- Help schools select the right trees for their site
- Help create realistic planting and management plans
- Identify grants to fund the project and, where possible, its maintenance.
For more information
Useful funds for schools
- The Great Western Community Forest (minimum 25 trees. Only schools in the north of Wiltshire – Warminster upwards – are within the boundary)
- Tree Council’s Branching Out Fund
- Woodland Trust’s Free Trees for Schools and Communities
If any schools have made their own plans to plant trees this season, we would ideally like to know about it, as we are recording tree planting in the county in line with our carbon targets.