NSPCC School Service (from 2013)
The NSPCC Schools Service (formerly ChildLine Schools Service) has a range of services schools and parents, many of which are available online. Download this document for further details (new version August 2016).
- PANTS campaign for KS1
- Share Aware for KS2
- Net Aware
- NSPCC-O2 adult helpline
- Education Safeguarding Assessment Tool
- Information Service
- Child protection in schools online course
- Safer recruitment in education course
Speak Out Stay Safe Programme
This free programme currently delivers safeguarding assemblies and workshops to all primary school children from Reception to Year 6, with additional workshops for Year 5 and Year 6 pupils. The aim is to visit every primary school in the UK at least every 2 years. Sessions are delivered by vetted and experienced staff and volunteers. Safeguarding messages help ensure children:
- Know what abuse is in all its forms, including bullying
- Know how to keep themselves safe
- Can identify someone to speak to if they are worried about anything
- Develop an awareness of inappropriate films, games and messages (including pictures)
- Understand how to stay safe when talking online
The assemblies and workshops focus on keeping children happy and safe; helping them to develop:
- An understanding of different forms of harm that children can experience
- Knowledge of how they can protect themselves by talking with trusted adults
- Awareness of how to get help
Further information about these sessions available to Wiltshire schools can be found Speak Out, Stay Safe or by contacting Samantha Nolan.
Wiltshire primary schools were introduced to the NSPCC Schools Service at a series of presentations during June 2013. Delivery began in Wiltshire schools from September 2013. NSPCC also presented information to Wiltshire teachers about the service at the Healthy Relationships and PSHE Education conference in June 2014.
Since 2013, 325 presentations have been delivered to over 35 000 children in 199 Wiltshire schools (as of September 2017).
This input can support the ongoing work in Wiltshire schools to address child protection and bullying as part of Healthy Schools and PSHE Education. The programme is in line with the PSHE Association Scheme of work and the current Ofsted criteria.
If you are interested in further details or booking a session for your school you can contact
NSPCC Schools Organiser
Wiltshire & Swindon region
Mobile: 07710 144785