Primary PE and Sport Premium
How to use the PE and sport premium
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of the physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they provide. This includes any carried forward funding from the 2019 to 2020 academic year.
This means that you should use the PE and sport premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport that your school provides
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
You should use the PE and sport premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators:
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
All primary schools who receive the grant should be populating the latest (May 2021) version of the recommended template.
As you are aware, this should be on school websites no later than 31st July 2021.
Wiltshire and Swindon Sport will be commencing reviews of Wiltshire school websites from w/c 2nd August 2021 to feedback findings to the local network, Sport England and DFE.
Please find the links below for further guidance and to downloadable blank PDF and Word versions of the revised template.