Staff wellbeing at school survey and guidance
These tools can be used by Wiltshire schools to audit, plan improvements and monitor progress.
They were developed by a partnership of Bath and North East Somerset School Improvement & Achievement Service, the NEU, NAHT, NASUWT Unions and representatives from the Bath and Wells Diocese.
Use of these tools can be included as evidence for Wiltshire Healthy Schools criteria around improving staff wellbeing.
How to use these documents
- Introduce the survey, perhaps at a meeting or training day
- Invite all members of school staff (not just teaching staff) to anonymously complete the survey, either immediately or later in their own time
- Collect in the completed surveys and analyse the results, perhaps RAG rating the responses
- Form a group of volunteers, to respond to the survey within a specific time period e.g. 6/12 or 18 months
- Report first on what the school is doing well and then on identified areas for development
- Use the guidance document for ideas to implement
- After implementing actions, resurvey staff and assess progress