Young Carer Friendly Award
The Young Carer Friendly Award has been developed by Carer Support Wiltshire to recognise good practice for the identification and support of young carers in schools.
Working in partnership with the Wiltshire Healthy Schools programme, you can access the audit online.
Wiltshire education providers (primary schools to FE colleges) can access this award at no charge.
You can find out more about young carers on the CSW young carer website here.
Young Carer Awareness Sessions
For schools and colleges wishing to improve the identification and support for young carers within an educational setting.
Sessions have been offered to Wiltshire schools on:
- Thursday 2nd March 2023
- Thursday 20th April 2023 (as part of the Healthy Schools event)
More dates are planned for the future.
These events will:
- inform participants of the challenges young carers are likely to face and the impact on education and wellbeing outcomes
- inform participants about referral, assessment and support pathways for young carers
- provide information about the toolkits available to schools supporting young carers and the new Wiltshire Young Carer Friendly standards and Award
These 10 Wiltshire schools have achieved the Young Carer Friendly Award
- The Corsham School
- Downton CofE VA Primary School
- Greentrees Primary School
- Hardenhuish School
- The John of Gaunt School
- Kingdown School
- Longleaze Primary School
- St Laurence School
- Studley Green Primary School
- The Wellington Academy
How to access the award
Wiltshire schools, who are completing their Wiltshire Healthy Schools accreditation will automatically have access to the Young Carer Friendly Award theme.
Education providers, who don’t currently have access to the Wiltshire Healthy Schools audit can request access to the Young Carer Friendly Award by emailing email@example.com
You can complete the Young Carer Friendly Award independently of the Wiltshire Healthy Schools standards.
Settings can choose to just complete the Young Carer Friendly Award, although schools involved in the Wiltshire Healthy Schools programme can choose to complete the award before or after they apply for accreditation – or even at the same time.