Staff wellbeing survey and guidance
Tuesday 3rd July 2018
Wiltshire schools can use this survey and guidance to enhance their wellbeing provision.
Use of these tools can be included as evidence for Wiltshire Healthy Schools criteria around improving staff wellbeing.
The survey and guidance was developed and trialled by B&NES Council and local schools, working with the Diocese of Bath & Wells, Bath and NE Somerset NEU, NAHT and NASUWT.
How to use these documents
- Introduce the survey, perhaps at a meeting or training day
- Invite all members of school staff (not just teaching staff) to anonymously complete the survey, either immediately or later in their own time
- Collect in the completed surveys and analyse the results, perhaps RAG rating the responses
- Form a group of volunteers, to respond to the survey within a specific time period e.g. 6/12 or 18 months
- Report first on what the school is doing well and then on identified areas for development
- Use the guidance document for ideas to implement
- After implementing actions, resurvey staff and assess progress
More about emotional wellbeing and mental health can be found here