Wiltshire Mental Health Support Team trailblazer
Monday 22nd July 2019
Wiltshire, along with BaNES, are pleased to have been successful in our application to become part of the Mental Health Support Team (MHSTs) trailblazer.
These teams will provide:
- Individual face to face work, e.g. anxiety, low mood, friendship and behavioural difficulties
- Group work, e.g. self harm and anxiety
- Group parenting classes, e.g. conduct disorder, communication difficulties
- Support Senior Mental Health Leads to develop a whole-school approach
- Give timely advice to help CYP get right help and stay in school – integrated referral system
This resource is intended to be additional to other sources of support offered to, and commissioned by schools and will not provide a replacement for any counselling or therapy in place already.
Thank you to the many schools/colleges that returned the Expression of Interest document which formed part of our application.
The bid we submitted requested funding for 5 MHSTs across the Wiltshire and BaNES area, although we have been given resource to establish 3 MHSTs.
More details will be provided in September about the offer to schools to be included in this programme.
If we are not able to include your school in this Wave, we are committed to applying for future funding to roll the programme out further.