The child obesity plan and schools
Sunday 1st July 2018
During the last week Chapter 2 of the Childhood Obesity Plan has been published, which can be read here.
Some of the key points that relate to schools:
- Schools have been recognised as key settings for healthy eating and physical activity messages and support to be available
- The School Food Standards will be updated to reduce the sugar consumption
- There will be a review into how the least active children are being engaged in physical activity
- Every school will be encouraged to implement an active mile initiative e.g. the daily mile.
- Ofsted are developing a new inspection framework for Sept 2019 to include more aspects around healthy behaviours
This week is National Child Obesity Week (Mon 2nd July - Sun 8th July 2018)