RHSE early adopter school programme
Tuesday 14th May 2019
The registration process has now been open for almost two months, resulting in over 1,000 schools signing up so far, including a number of Wiltshire schools.
The registration process will remain open until 30th June, so there is plenty of time for many more schools to sign up and get involved.
A reminder of the information about the early adopter school programme and how schools can register is at this link.
Following the recent publication of updated draft statutory guidance and regulations for the introduction by September 2020 of compulsory
- Relationships Education for primary schools
- Relationships and Sex Education (RSE) for secondary schools
- Health Education in all state maintained schools
the Department for Education is looking for schools to act as early adopters of this curriculum and begin teaching the new subjects from September 2019.
This approach allows early adopter schools the opportunity to assist the department to shape the advice for schools.
The early adopter programme will give both the department and schools the opportunity to learn lessons about:
- best practice on how these subjects are taught most effectively
- how schools that currently teach a large proportion of the existing Sex and Relationship Education and PSHE are ensuring they teach the new requirements
- how the department can best support schools
Schools can register to become an early adopter now by filling in their details at https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/RSHEearlyadopterschool/