New PSHE lessons for secondary schools
Thursday 7th September 2017
New Rise Above lesson plans for secondary school PSHE teachers are now available to download from the School Zone from Public Health England’s schools programme.
About Rise Above for Schools
Rise Above for Schools draws on the Rise Above website which features content co-created with young people. The website is designed for young people aged 11-16 and aims to delay and prevent them from engaging in exploratory risky behaviours and promote good mental health.
The lesson plans have been accredited by the Personal, Social and Health Education Association (PSHEA). The first phase will cover:
- Exam stress
- Body image in a digital world
- Online stress
- Forming positive relationships
- Bullying and cyberbullying
You can take part in a webinar on Tuesday 19th September 2017 at 2:30pm to learn more. Please register here to book your place.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. View webinar IT requirements.
The webinar will cover:
• An introduction to Public Health England’s schools programme and the teacher facing ‘School Zone’ website
• Background on the Rise Above young people programme
• Information on the new Rise Above for Schools programme
• Information on how partners can support the programme.
For any queries, please contact email@example.com