Multiagency Sexual Health Training
Tuesday 19th November 2019
This free multiagency course is provided by Wiltshire Council Public Health.
Thursday 20th February 2020, 9:00am-3::00pm at County Hall, Trowbridge (West Wilts Room) Book on Eventbrite here
or Wednesday 26th February 2020, 9:00am - 3:00pm at Council House Bourne Hill, Salisbury (Greencroft Room) Book on Eventbrite here
This new redesigned course provides a framework for any Wiltshire based professional working with people who have opportunities to deliver sexual health (including healthy relationships) and reproductive health messages.
This course is relevant to all professionals working with young people and adults who wish to improve or refresh their sexual health knowledge. This could be nurses working within a healthcare environment, those based in a school environment, health trainers out in the community or youth workers in a youth club for example. Basic Sexual Health Awareness is the first course of a revised Wiltshire Council training programme for 2020 and provides the foundations of the subsequent courses which will be delivered throughout the year.
- Develop basic knowledge around STIs and contraception.
- Inform delegates of the national and local sexual health and reproductive health picture.
- Improve confidence of all professionals delivering informed sexual health and reproductive health messages.
- Increase professionals’ skills and knowledge on effectively communicating with people around sexual health and empower professionals to deliver sexual health messages at every opportunity.
- To increase awareness of the often-unrealised role professionals can play when delivering informed sexual health and reproductive health messages.
- To increase knowledge around sexual health services across Wiltshire and enable effective signposting.
- Provide an insight into some of the barriers people face when accessing services.
(Lunch is not provided)