Healthy Mind Healthy Life
A plan to support children and young people's emotional wellbeing and mental health in Wiltshire.
This plan identifies the emotional and mental health needs of children and young people in Wiltshire and explains what we will do to address them.
NHS England has awarded Wiltshire additional funding to develop better mental health services for children and young people.
Our 3 objectives are to:
1. Promote good mental health, build resilience and identify and address emerging mental health problems early on.
2. Provide children, young people and families with simple and fast access to high quality support and treatment they need.
3. Improve care and support for the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children by closing critical service gaps, improving support at key transitions and tailoring services to meet their needs.
New developments for Wiltshire schools include:
- The establishment of 11 secondary school Thrive Hubs
- The onyourmind website
- Free online counselling for all secondary school children from Kooth
- Mentoring for primary and secondary pupils at selected schools
For more information and resources related to the plan see the links opposite.
More information on addressing the Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health of pupils.
Links and downloads
Leaflet: Healthy Mind Healthy Life plan (single pages)
Leaflet: Healthy Mind Healthy Life plan (page spreads)
Poster: Support contacts & websites (adult version)
Poster: Support contact & websites (young people version)
Poster: Support contact & websites (both versions)