Schools can become a Bronze Level Wiltshire Healthy School by completing a self-assessment audit. Once completed, Bronze Level status is valid for two years.
This audit enables a school to re-visit many of the criteria achieved from the National Healthy Schools Audit under the headings of:
- The Whole School Approach
- Healthy Weight (incorporating Healthy Eating and Physical Activity)
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing
As a school completes the online audit, areas for development can be identified and a simple action plan produced.
Full accreditation consists of:
- A full days introductory training course
- A half day 'Wiltshire Healthy Schools' network meeting
- Telephone and email support from PDE Advisers
- Final assessment by PDE Advisers and award of 'Wiltshire Healthy Schools Bronze Level' wall plaque
Cost: £100 per school
Once a school becomes a Bronze Level Healthy School they can choose to maintain this level every two years (either independently or with support from the PDE Advisers), or move onto the more challenging Silver Level.